Based in Kyiv, Ukraine
August 22, 2017
Undervault is a role-playing game with random levels and perma-death. The game level contains rooms of different types (kitchen, bedroom, treasury, etc.). Some rooms are unknown and can be revealed with luck, or by using a room card. Pass through monsters, learn skills, get equipment and trade. Fight with hunger and fatigue. And most importantly plan dungeon carefully to succeed!
Undervault started as a small prototype that was made during a game jam in February 2016. In November 2016 Andriy Bychkovskyi decided to quit his job to develop the prototype into a full, commercial game. Originally the plan was to get it done in 3-4 month. But it took almost 1 year to complete, because of the lack of experience and limited resources (Undervault was done in solo). The game was released, and even despite completely failed marketing, got some attention and made some money. The biggest achievement was selection to Google Play Indie Games Contest final. In June 2019 Andriy announced that he is planning to rework Undervault with new graphics, game mechanics, and the story. The new game is called Ludopolis and will be released in 2020.
- High difficulty (you will die a lot), but every playthrough is different
- A turn-based battle system with aiming, items, skills, character statuses, and enemy AI
- Skill tree that allows focussing on different play styles (fighting, stealth, room revealing)
- Trading. Each trader in the game has its unique list of items and prices
- Different room connection types. Door, ladder, hole (move only downward), locked door (pull the lever to unlock)
- Daily challenge. Compete with other players for the best score
- Character leveling system. Improve certain stats on each level
- Backpack system. You can take only a limited number of items to the next dungeon level
Undervault - How to play YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Google Play Indie Games Contest Finalist" February 2018
- "Meet the finalists of the Google Play Indie Games Contest in Europe "
- Adriana Puchianu, android-developers.googleblog.com
- "Undervault Review – Fun and Challenging Rogue like RPG Game "
- Jason Jason, roonby.com
About Angry Kid
Angry Kid is a Ukrainian independent game studio, founded by Andriy Bychkovskyi, that is making video games with a focus on unique mechanics and experience.
More information on Angry Kid, our logo & relevant media are available here.