Based in Kyiv, Ukraine
PC / Mac
In Pixel Express you operate a railroad by switching rail junctions. Your goal is to deliver cargo, earn resources, and rebuild a town. Make your journey through 4 different seasons spiced up with unique chiptune soundtrack.
In January 2018, during Global Game Jam, Andriy Bychkovskyi made a small game about operating a railroad called My Happy Train. During the game jam, he asked for permission to use the music from 8-BITchin’tendo, an underground chiptune musician from Poland. He agreed, and the game was completed and even won few prizes from local Ukrainian jam organizers. After the jam, Andriy offered 8-BITchin’tendo to work together on a full game. A little later, the team was completed by Pavlo Shelyazhenko, an experienced programmer who worked in Google, and Serhii Buriak, a talented pixel artist. Since that, the team is working on Pixel Express in their free time. The game won few awards in European conferences and will be released on Steam in Autumn 2019.
- Production chains. You start by delivering raw resources and end by delivering a final product to the consumers
- Earn resources and restore railroad infrastructure to make your life easier
- 4 unique seasons, with a unique set of levels and mechanics: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Unique chiptune soundtrack for each season
- Positive and negative power-ups which randomly appear on the railroad, or could be bought in the shop
- Emergency cargo with an extra reward for fast delivery
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "The Big Indie Pitch 3rd Place" October 2018
- "Indie prize Finalist" October 2018
- "Angry Kid tell us all about Pixel Express and coming third at The Big Indie Pitch"
- Sophia Aubrey Drake, PocketGamer.biz
My Happy Train - Play in Browser
Prototype on which Pixel Express is based https:.
About Angry Kid
Angry Kid is a Ukrainian independent game studio, founded by Andriy Bychkovskyi, that is making video games with a focus on unique mechanics and experience.
More information on Angry Kid, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pixel Express Credits
Game Design, Programming, Business